Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chicharito is obsessed with ‘sweating this shirt to death’

Lionel Messi and Wayne Rooney are getting just about all the attention ahead of the Champions League final, but the guy most likely to score with his liver is, of course, Chicharito. But if you think Chicharito wants to be a superstar like those two, you're wrong. He just wants to run. Forever.

From the Telegraph:

[W]hen he was asked if he aspired to the status of the Argentinian double Ballon d'Or winner, Hernandez was quick to play down his achievements.

"No. I am a player of this great team," he said.

"What obsesses me is sweating this shirt to death, and I will never stop running.

"I don't aspire to be like Messi. I'm just a simple footballer."

"I'm not obsessed with goals. The goals are the result of the work of the whole team. The forwards only have the good fortune to score them. In a team like ours, even Edwin (van der Sar) can claim the goals."

Has there ever been someone so humble and dedicated to murdering shirts with sweat? I don't think so. I also don't think Wayne Rooney will be letting Edwin van der Sar take credit for his goals anytime soon.

Photo: Getty Images

Bar Refaeli Jessica White Anna Friel Monica Bellucci Minki van der Westhuizen

No comments:

Post a Comment